just think about it though. they’re getting older, they’ll keep getting older, and soon Rooster Teeth will disperse. One by one, they’ll retire or leave until none of the original crew is left, the dynamics are gone and replaced, the fans are fresh and have no idea who this ‘Geoff Ramsey’ is or why ‘Jack’s beard’ was a thing and “Oh, Gavin Free? Isn’t he the main guy in charge?” because Matt and Burnie are gone, they’re all gone
Right now, 500 light years away from Earth, there’s a planet that looks a lot like our own. It is bathed in dim orangeish light, which at high noon is only as bright as the golden hour before sunset back home.
NASA scientists are calling the planet Kepler-186f, and it’s unlike anything they’ve found. The big news: Kepler-186f is the closest relative to the Earth that researchers have discovered.
It’s the first Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of another star—the sweet spot between too-hot Mercury-like planets and too-cold Neptunes— and it is likely to give scientists their first real opportunity to seek life elsewhere in the universe. “It’s no longer in the realm of science fiction,” said Elisa Quintana, a researcher at the SETI Institute.
But if there is indeed life on Kepler-186f, it may not look like what we have here. Given the redder wavelengths of light on the planet, vegetation there would sprout in hues of yellow and orange instead of green.
Read more. [Image: NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-Caltech]
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Also, if you harass, attack, or scare a crow or crows. They will remember you FOR LIFE. Yes, for life. They don’t give a shit you if threw a rock at them when you were 8. They will remember you forever. I’m glad crows aren’t around where I live. *phew*
I want a raven.
YEP! They also tend to flock where wolves are, because they can signal a dying animal to the wolf which in turn gives it food once the wolf is done with their meal.
Crows can also solve puzzles and love being pet or having their tummys rubbed. They’ve also been known to form a murder (group of crows) and attack if you hurt or kill a crow.